Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Going for a ride

I talked about organising a motorcycle ride for anyone who is interested. I have heard a lot of positive response, so we might have to do two rides, one starting and returning to Vancouver, and one from Abbotsford. I was thinking that somewhere in the middle or towards the end of July would be a good time. We'll see once we get closer. Remember, bikers in the oulying areas (Burns Lake/Granisle, Kelowna and Black Creek) that you are encouraged to join in. Also, I would love for anyone to suggest some good one-day routes. I guess an over-nighter might be fun too.

On this same topic, I hear a group from Emmanuel Mennonite have joined the Abbotsford Toy Run the last couple of years. I think you can contact their youth pastor, Rod Wiebe, to join. It would be fun to also get a group of Mennonites joining the Vancouver Toy Run. I don't know the dates yet.

I have chatted with a few of you, expressing the idea of riding motorcycle to the MC Canada Assembly and Summit in Winnipeg. But, being a prairie boy, I have reconsidered the long ride across the flat land. I think this might be an idea some year when the conference is in Edmonton or Calgary.

1 comment:

WLJZA said...

Sounds like fun. I hope I can make it to one of the rides.