Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Sunshine Coast Route

Okay, so this is the story of another motorcycle ride.
Diane and I took a short 4 - day vacation this past weekend (August 8-11). We went on our motorcycle to the Sunshine Coast, then crossed the ferry from Powell River to Comox, taking the Oceanside Route all the way down to Victoria. We actually have no motorcycle pictures, but I'm including the view of one of our B & B's and the view from another B & B.
I remember the winding road from Pender Harbour to the Earl's Cove ferry from a car trip some years ago. I got a headache; but I also said that this would be an amazing trip on a motorcycle, and so it was. The weather was great. I would encourage anyone to make this trek in mid-summer. Riding between the mountains and the ocean takes your breath away.





1 comment:

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

Aren't road trips the best way to go?
Simply going where the road leads you, is so much fun.
Whether you go by car or motorcycle, BC sure is a wonderful place to explore.